Saturday, November 10, 2012

Searching

So it hit me this week that maybe my husband and I are asking the wrong questions. Instead of asking why are we not finding jobs, maybe we should be asking ourselves if we ought to be moving somewhere else. Somewhere where we can get jobs. 
A few months ago I felt inspired that we should look into study abroad, get away for a while, show Ian my mission...etc. But Ian has to have his GPA up to a 2.75 in order to do that and truthfully he's struggling. So i don't think it's going to happen. So I asked myself, why? Why did I have this overwhelming feeling of needing to travel somewhere else to go to school? What if it wasn't an urge to go abroad, but just to change where we are attending school?
We started looking at a few options close to here. At first we were looking at the University of Utah. But they really don't have a degree program that works for Ian. (I'm assuming I just wont continue if we do move.) We also were looking at apartments in the Salt Lake area and we weren't impressed with anything we saw. 
So we started looking at Weber State. They have an interesting pre-physical therapy program, you basically make up your own program. It's kind of strange to me to do it that way. We talked to my brother-in-law who actually is an advisor there and he explained it a little bit. We also were looking at apartments in the Ogden area and found some that looked promising that aren't too far from the campus. I just don't know if that is the right move for us yet or not. 
One thing that has to change is this no job situation. We can't keep living off of the charity of others. I love my family for the help they give us, but it makes me feel so guilty. Ian has now had sixteen interviews and turned in about fifty applications. It's kind of depressing that nothing has happened yet. It's been seven months since he lost his job and two since I left mine. I still don't regret that decision. I've still got my sanity, even if I am very stressed about our finances.
We'll keep praying about it. And, of course, we'll keep looking for a job here until we make the decision to move.

No comments: