Friday, November 23, 2012

Post Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving went well. I was a bit nervous, but everything turned out great.

We started the day off wonderfully by getting to spend some time with my sister-in-law Em and her hubby. It's been forever (a whole month) since we last saw them. It was nice to talk with them. Great news for them, they've made an offer on a house!! We're excited for them.
(I also found out my twin brother is also buying a house and they actually close on Dec 6th! Woot!) 
Then we headed over to Thanksgiving dinner at Ian's grandparent's house. We got put at the kid's table in the small dining room, but we didn't mind. We had excellent company and had fun talking to the younger cousin. (No one was under 16yrs old, so it was great.) The food was yummy, but I think I enjoyed the company the most. My hubby and his siblings then played round robin - a ping-pong game where the players form a circle around the table take a hit the move for the next player. They rotate around the table as they go. You get 3 mistakes til you have to sit out. Once the game is down to 2 players they must spin in place once before hitting the ball. I did not participate, but enjoyed watching. After going back upstairs and chatting for a bit, we left to go visit Ian's other grandparents for a bit. 
We didn't stay long, but enjoyed visiting with grandfather Allred. (grandma was sleeping.) We then said goodbye and headed down to my parent's Thanksgiving to see everyone there. 
They were done eating dinner but still had pie out. (This being 3 hrs after we had eaten we decided another slice wouldn't kill us.) So we had pie and talked for a while then headed home.

Like I said, not a bad Thanksgiving really.

Today, I need to work on my sketchbook for history of interior design and Ian has a job interview in an hour and a half. Still looking for work. *sigh* The holidays are going to be rough without an income.

No comments: