Sunday, June 8, 2014

Switzerland...oh please, oh please!

On Friday last I had a mission companion send this to me via my Facebook messages, "So (name omitted) is getting married on Aug 22, so we are planning on going. Well we are going to save money for the trip and two weeks before the date check to see if we save up (enough) money, what do you think, wanna come with us?? I haven't been back and it would be nice to see everyone!! I have a buddy who could give us buddy passes for about $150 I believe. I'll ask to make sure. So we will save and see if we saved enough, if you guys decide to jump on board with our plans, that would be awesome!!!!"

I was floored. I have been having dreams about being able to take my husband back to my mission, specifically to Switzerland, for the past two months. Oh please, let this be an answer to my dreams! 

Of course I said we were on board. A lot rides on those buddy passes. Though I know they won't be $150, probably closer to 1K is what I'm guessing. But even that could save us a lot of money in airfare. I was looking to see how much it would be outright. The cheapest tickets I have found are about $1600 each. Not to mention the hotel and food costs for a trip like that. It could easily be 5k total. So if we get the buddy passes, that could make the cost much easier to bear.

I've been looking at hotels and dreaming of Switzerland more now.

No comments: