Saturday, June 13, 2009

Second Week Down...

So I just finished my second week of training. I must admit I'm worried about Monday. We took live calls for the last 30 min of our shift on Friday. I didn't do so well. I don't know that I'm cut out for this. I'm just too nice.
You see, I work in a call center. We take calls for a hotel chain and book rooms for people. (they call us.) But we're still pressured into selling the highest priced room to our guests. I'm just not that pushy. If a person doesn't want it, they don't want it. I'm not one to talk people into spending money. (I fell too guilty.)
But I must admit that getting paid for one week, and seeing an amount that I usually would earn in a month at my last job, does help a bit. *sigh* oh well. Everything will work out, I hope.
My grandma is still driving me crazy. She likes to focus on topics that make me uncomfortable. She wants to sit and discuss them in length. Then she gets mad at me when I don't want to talk about it! It's so frustrating. She won't just drop it.
I spent most of the day with her today. She just never shuts up! I think the longest pause I had (which I thoroughly enjoyed) was about 45sec long. Why do people have to talk non stop? Are they not comfortable with a little silence? I'd turn on the radio, but she thinks it's rude. I just can't stand listening to her go on and on all the time. It drives me nuts! And I'm finding that I care less and less about what she has to say. It worries me that I'm becoming insensitive.
If you have any ideas, let me know!

No comments: